Babywearing is one of the best tool for a happy mother and a calm baby. It is something you need to learn but it is not difficult. However, you must take safety into account. Always use your common sense and intuition.
- At first, you need help from others, then safe babywearing requires practice, practice, practice.
- When you tie the wrap, always make sure you are in a quiet place, without anybody who could disturb you or run into you. Also, I loved using a mirror to check that I had tie my wrap properly when I was carrying my baby on my back. Moreover, it helped me to always make sure my baby had enough space between her chin and her chest to breathe properly.
- We must avoid our baby’s chin falling on his body completely, as it can obstruct the respiratory ways.
- Obviously, be extra careful with doors because when you carry your baby, either on your front or on your back, you take more space.
- Lastly, I really recommend you keep your baby high enough on your chest so you can kiss her head. It will ensure you do not hurt your lower back by wearing your baby too low. Also, it is a nice way to check she is comfortable at all times.
PS: please use the contact form for babywearing private lessons if you need some help while I am still in Paris, France.