Are handmade soaps worth the money?
Sometimes a “natural” soap doesn’t have natural ingredients, so of course it is worth checking the list. It can be even better to make your own soap and notice the difference on your skin and hair.
The story of Maya, creator of gorgeous soaps
Growing up in Siberia surrounded by wild nature gave Maya inspiration to create her own skin care range later on.
Maya used a soap making calculator to create her own skin care bars with essential oils and only natural pure ingredients.
What everyone ought to know about plants
Maya said “Plants give us energy”. We can grow plants, even in a flat. We can make infused water with a few leaves of vervain or rosemary. A great natural beauty secret is to make plants boil in water then use it after it has cool down to rinse the hair my friend my sister.
Recipe to make your own shampoo bar
Herbal infusion (lavender and rosemary) 234g
Pure sodium hydroxide (NaOH) 90,61g
Coconut oil 200g
Palm oil or some other hard oil like mango oil or shea butter 100g
Grape seeds oil or peach oil or almond oil 150g
Rice bran oil or avocado oil 100g
Castor oil 100g (very good for the hair and face, makes perfect foam)
Burdock oil 60g (great for the hair)
1 spoon of Spirulina (for color)
Lavender and Rosemary essential oils 20 ml
Camomile or other herbs extracts 20g (if you have)
To make soap, you need to read the safety precautions and follow the rules: work with gloves, use mask and so on.
– dissolve sodium hydroxide in infusion and let it cool down
– melt solid oils in water bath, mix with liquid oils and let it cool down
– when the temperature of both liquids is the same, mix them (strain the sodium hydroxide infusion through a sieve)
– blend it (only add castor and burdock oils at the end, for keeping their goodness intact)
– when the mass resembles yogurt, add extracts, essential oils, spirulina and mix well
– put in your mould, cover and keep in warm place for 12 hours
– you can pull out the soap in about 20 hours
– let the soap mature in a dark ventilated place for about 4-6 weeks.