Love your body is the perfect description of the French movie Forte and this is the 10 highlights that can serve you whether you understand French or not!
1. Because the movie Forte shows that you can be overweight yet have a strong mindset. Body and mind my friend my sister! You are not only a body. If you are overweight, focus on your brain. It can be the trigger which changes your body shape eventually.
2. Because the three main characters display a touching vulnerability which made me cry even though the movie is a comedy.
3. Because you can recognize yourself as I did in the character of the single mother who dreams about having a man in her life yet feels stuck by motherhood responsibilities
4. Because Forte highlights the following mantra: never give up and push through your fears
5. Because Forte shows us a great example of self respect when the main character Nour rejects her ex boyfriend who did not treat her with respect but was coming back to try to have her back because his new girlfriend cheated on him
6. Because the movie Forte is an ode to pole dance which I practice and am passionate about because it makes you go above misconceptions. Indeed pole dance is gracious and very hard exercise, which has nothing to do with stripping.
7. Because Forte shows that pole dance is available to all women. No need to have the body of a Barbie doll to start! But I must confess it is possible to get a gorgeous body by practicing regularly (see bonus point at the end).
8. Because that French movie illustrates the sisterhood vibes I feel when I attend my pole dance classes. We are between women and we support each other. No woman is superior to the others, even if she is very advanced . The best ones help the beginners. We have fun feeling sensual without taking ourselves seriously, doing tricks according to our respective levels.
9. Because the final scene made me think about a nice exchange I had with a woman I follow on Insta @douceur.sauvage: each time we witness a happy couple we rejoice! No jealousy nor envy! We feel joy because people loving each other is a sign from the Universe that such happiness is also available to us!
10. Because when I saw the movie at a Première, the actress Melha Bedia confided in the audience that she unexpectedly lost 20 pounds while the movie was being shot. Why? Pole dance! First pole dance is such great exercise that it really tones your whole body as all the muscles are solicited. Second Melha, who is a French comedian, said that she almost regretted having lost the weight because she worried not being funny anymore without it. It made me think of the insights I shared with you in the Weight Loss Series that I really enjoyed recording for you.
So what do you think of that movie my friend my sister?